Summertime {And the Livin's Easy}

Soooooooooooooooooo.......



Yep!  I passed that college-level math course!  I'm going to big kid college, or Sacramento State. I attended the orientation last month.  Nothing to say much about that.  Although there were lots of inspiring block prints and murals on campus.






Lately I've been getting ready for the upcoming semester.  I'm excited that I'll be getting my B.A. in Studio Art.  (with an emphasis in Drawing and Painting.)  I already consider myself an artist.  I already consider myself an working artist.  I like to think that I can be an educated, well-rounded artist.  I remember reading one of my favorite artists saying that although art school can be great, a traditional school can be just as challenging.  

I'm not working this summer, so I've just been cleaning up the old studio.  I missed painting and drawing sooooooooo much.  It's felt good to buy new supplies, throw out stuff I don't use and gesso canvases. Delicious.  My new series is off to a slow start....

Still keeping it on the DL on what it's called.  It will reflect me and hopefully give some insight to those not familiar with me or my art.  I know, that's not helpful, either.  

The other thing that's happened this summer (well, spring) my BIL (brother-in-law for you unfamiliar with the acronym) went on tour with his band  the same time we went to Mexico.  He's coming home tomorrow!  Hooray!!!  We haven't seen him for three months.  The tour was Europe and Russia.  So he's visited places like Sweden, Ireland, Spain and well, Russia. 


Here's when they were here in Sacramento.  We were triple booked and then esposo was sick the night of the show.  Thanks for uploading on YouTube, jbailey66!  It's kinda weird to watch him give interviews on the intertubez.  And by it's kinda weird, is that he's kinda weird and the guys are kinda weird, and that's a completely huge compliment CUZ I'M WEIRD, TOO!!


 Can you guess which member he is? 

I also got an iPhone 4S....so it's easier to upload photos on my blog!  Hooray!  

It's also an incredible distraction.

And so is NetFlix on our Wii.

Droooool......

Thank goodness it's summer.



Comments

Popular Posts