Let's Give up for the New Year {2012}

Wow, it's been awhile since I've posted!  Sorry if it's been too long for some of my readers. (all 2 of you!)  The long absence was due to a coursework heavy semester.  I was taking intermediate Spanish and a college level math course at our local community college.  I'll post the results to that when I find out.
Because it was homework heavy, I didn't have time to really do any art.  Or make any art.  This post is to catch you up with some of the things that happened after Advent up to Pre-Pentacost.  ( I made that term up...easy!)

In January, there was an community call to paint a mural in the town I live in.  (I tried to keep it a secret as long as I could..oh, well!)  Archie is a friend of our friend, Waffles, and there was a need to cover up this outdated mural on our beloved Depot Bay Coffee. That's me at 0:35-0:41 in the grey Shane Grammar shirt.  It's very impressionistic.  I painted the violet rocks on the mural. It was super fun and a great way to get art in our Gold Rush town.

Latest Videos « Good Day Sacramento







Paint party: Community turns out to help with Auburn mural - Auburn Journal

It was really great!  There was a community call for all artists, neighbors and families of Auburn to come and paint a  mural.  We all brought our own brushes, and paint was provided. A few kids damaged my brushes, but whatev.  It was in the spirit of beautifying our Downtown and making community art.  I'm in a video.  I have the grey T-shirt on and Ray*Ban's.   In researching the links, I found that it recently has not been to par with some people in the community.  I'll let ya'll be the judge...

Recently not much has happened.

Scratch that.  Much has happened.  Our friend Casey Robin recently started her website and has been producing artwork like crazy!  She's been selling her art at Ladybug Ladybug in Sacramento.  We headed out in the heavy-pollen of Midtown and visited her on Second Saturday. What fun! She, Kadie, and I recently promoted her work at Sacramento's Annual Mermaid Parade.  I was a pirate, and she was a mermaid.
She's extremely talented, and if you like whimsical, then I highly recommend you purchase a print from her (or two!) School was wrapping up for me, and it was a good break from writing some extra papers.

I've also been approached about an illustrating gig for a book. More to come when I have more news, when it becomes official. I'd hate to spout off stuff if it doesn't go through, ya know?

That's been pretty exciting!  I'm really glad to get back into art!  My last day of school was Thursday, but  I handed in my last paper Tuesday.  YES!

Being back on the art walk really motivated me to get back to drawing, blogging, and painting.  I'm super stoked it's summer.  Since the evening I stopped doing homework, I've been sketching.  OH, JOY!  I'm going to spruce up my resume', and really work on artist representation.
In the works, I have two art series I'm devoting my summer to.  It's sorta top secret.

A source of inspiration was our trip to Mexico this past Spring Break.  We visited the wall that divides Mexico and the USA.  It was really moving.  It's so much I have to do a separate blog, and I'm going to have to do a new article.

Anywho!  I'm just posting that I'm psyched to start an artful summer!

Comments

Anonymous said…
You both look absolutely beautiful. :)

Popular Posts